Personal protection

Complete peace of mind as we help you secure your financial future

Protecting you and your loved ones if you were to become ill or die and ensuring financial reassurance is in place is extremely important.  I will review your current provisions; identify any requirements or shortfalls you may have and then pinpoint the products that could address your needs by looking at your lifestyle, current provisions, and disposable budget before making my recommendation to you.

No one likes to think about the inevitable but leaving your loved ones in a financial crisis at a time they are grieving is something that can be alleviated with life assurance. Life assurance provides a cash lump sum for your family or loved ones on your death to ease financial burdens, such as paying off a mortgage, paying for education or basic day-to-day living costs. Read my FAQs for further information.

Critical illness insurance is a policy designed to pay a tax-free lump sum if you are diagnosed with a specified serious or critical illness during the term of the policy. Worrying about your bills and finances should be the last thing on your mind. The lump sum can be used in any way you choose; to pay off your mortgage, pay off debts, pay for treatments, or to enjoy time with loved ones. Whatever you decide, you can concentrate on your treatment and your family and let finances be one less thing to worry about.

Income protection provides you with short or long term tax-free monthly income if you are unable to work due to accident or illness. Taking a deferment period that matches your employer’s sick pay terms, if applicable, means you only pay for the cover you need, whilst for the self-employed, day one policies are also available.

When you take out a mortgage on a property, the lender will insist on buildings insurance being in place from exchange of contracts. Buildings insurance covers the physical structure of the property, for example, the roof, walls and floors, whilst contents insurance covers your belongings inside of the property, such as kitchen appliances, entertainment equipment, furniture and clothing.

Even if you are renting a property, it’s important to having contents insurance in place. If, for instance, there was a fire or flood and you were uninsured, how would you afford to replace clothing, bedding, televisions etc? I’ve heard people say “I don’t own much”; however, once I ask a few simple questions such as “What do you sit on to watch the television?” “What do you sleep in each night?” “What do you wear?” it highlights the fact that they do indeed have items they need to insure.